Temple Beth Tikvah offers a wide range of Jewish educational resources for students pre-K to adult.
We offer students and families:
- The opportunity to explore Judaism, learn Hebrew, and discover what being Jewish means. Worship services, Jewish holiday celebrations, Jewish life cycle events, and Jewish music participation opportunities to complement classroom instruction. Jewish learning through Jewish living.
- Small class sizes, mid-week sessions, and the convenience of a neighborhood school that makes arranging carpools, attending social events, and celebrating special holidays or music programs easy.
- A fun and exciting learning environment!
- A Resource Program for children with special learning or social communicative needs. It is our firm belief that every child is entitled to a Jewish education, and the Resource Program makes this a reality.
Bestowing Jewish heritage and values to our children is one of the most important tasks we have as parents and educators. Explore the educational categories of interest to you and your family:
- Religious School
- B’nai Mitzvah
- Weekend Family Education
- Pre-K/Family Workshop Series
- Adult Education
- Other Young Family/Early Childhood Offerings
- More Information
Religious School provides students and their families with the opportunity to learn about their Jewish heritage and to identify as Jews.
Temple Beth Tikvah’s Religious School offers students from Pre-K though 12th grade:
- Pre-K workshops
- Ages: 4-6
Time: Sunday Mornings
- Pre-Bar/Bat Mitzvah School
- Ages: Grades 1-7
Time: Thursdays 3:45pm – 5:30pm
- Ages: Grades 8-9
Time: Tuesdays 7:00pm – 8:00pm
- Ages: Grades 10-12
Time: Tuesdays 8:00pm – 9:00pm (Monthly)
The B’nai Mitzvah Program is coordinated through the offices of the Rabbi, Cantor, and Principal. Approximately six months prior to the Bar/Bat Mitzvah, we train students to:
- Lead Shabbat prayers
- Read and cantillate Torah and Haftarah
- Analyze and study Torah
- Implement a personal mitzvah project
- Prepare a Bar/Bat Mitzvah speech
Our goal is to make the experience meaningful and to help develop a lifelong Jewish identity. In addition, we encourage family members to read Torah during the Bar/Bar Mitzvah service to make the Bar/Bat Mitzvah experience a memorable “family affair.” Rabbi Meeka is available to assist in this process.
We also provide individual or group adult Bar/Bat Mitzvah courses upon request.
Weekend Family Education
Who: Grades 3-7 and their families.
When: One to two events per grade per month.
- Experience Worship Services on an age appropriate level.
- Learn by Doing – students and parents together.
- Share Jewish knowledge – converse with Rabbi, parents, peers, and teachers.
- Develop and appreciate a Jewish identity.
- Celebrate Jewish holidays with a nurturing community.
- Enjoy a community luncheon.
Pre-K/Family Workshop Series
Who: Children ages 4-6 and family (parents, siblings, and grandparents). One rate for the whole family.
When: 5 Workshops per academic year (September – May).
- Experience a unique opportunity to share with your children.
- Learn about Torah, the temple Sanctuary and Jewish objects, the Jewish Calendar and Holiday Cycle, and Israel.
- Share music, crafts, stories, and cooking related to each workshop theme.
- Receive an educational packet for parents.
- Enjoy a community brunch.
Who: Anyone 18+.
When: Schedule published in June for the coming season.
What: Email the temple for more information.
Other Young Family/Early Childhood Offerings
Who: Our young temple members.
When: Throughout the year. See our Events calendar for more information.
- Tot Shabbat.
- High Holiday Children’s Worship Services.
- Family Shabbat Dinners.
- Kabbalat Shabbat Services.
- Special Children’s Holiday Events throughout the Year include: Sukkot Gathering, Chanukah Dinner, Tu B’Shevat Seder, Purim Carnival and Party, Passover Seder, and more.
Email Us with any questions you may have or for more information about our educational programs.